Saturday 7 July 2012

Something I read and wanted to share...

REMEMBER ME?
(Author Unknown)

My name is Gossip. I have no respect for Justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted the more I am believed.

I flourish at every level of society.

My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody’s friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never quite the same.

I topple governments and wreck marriages.

I ruin careers, cause sleepless nights, heartache and indigestion.

I spawn suspicion and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip. Office gossip. Shop gossip. Party gossip. I make headlines and headaches.

Before you repeat a story ask yourself: Is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary?
If not – do not repeat it,
KEEP QUIET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.