Monday 8 April 2013

Busy Day!

Hello to you all on this dry and fairly dandy day!

It's been all a go-go today... Started the morning with the usual run to the run, feeding The Girls and Mr Roodledoo, and then ordering some lovely fabric online for two new quilts... then dashed in to town to find something suitable to make an 'Eggs' sign which will withstand the delights of the British weather system. By chance, saw a friend and so we grabbed the opportunity to have a girly tea (camomile for her and a naughty hot choc for me!)... these unexpected moments are always such a pleasure, not so!

After tea, I got a bee in my bonnet about one of my new little hens who seems to be depressed.  I have seven new hens as I posted earlier. I thought if I got seven hens one of them would pair off with Mr Roodledoo, but it hasn't worked out that way, as Mr Roodledoo seems to not need a pairing off girlie. This means that the seventh little girl has no friend. I have watched her for a few days and have given her extra suppliments to help her as she is just not eating but drinks plenty of water, and as a result of the vitamins, she has regained some of the colour she lost. But today I just made my mind up and found her a little friend. I put the two into a separate little run and then later let them join the other six girls and Mr Roodledoo. I hope this will make a big difference! And just to keep you up to date, the two old girls have had to be separated from the new brood, because they were bullying them mercilessly. But I still love them, feed them and they seem happy together. So, I'm keeping an eye on the situation.

Later I popped in with hubby to a village tea and talked lots of quilting with one of the ladies there. It's fun to chat about the things you love doing with a fellow enthusiast.

On returning home, I jumped on to FB and a message was left for me by a dear friend of mine... (from school days) saying... she had exciting news!

Catherine...x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.