Friday 15 March 2013

Rooster... & Patient...

When one goes out for a drink in the local pub, one never knows what could happen next… Yesterday, hubby had been rehearsing a wedding with a couple getting married today and phoned me up to say to meet them all at the pub, across from the church. I did so and after the soon to be married couple and their family left, we met up with our neighbours who were there, too. We were chatting about our hens, which we both keep and I was saying about how my girls (hens) were pecking each other, literally to death, when… a man sitting at the bar next to us politely interjected and said, he had two Bantam Cockerels who needed a new home, would I and my lady friend be interested! No charge! Well, we both jumped in with a resounding ‘Yes!’ and will be fetching them this morning! Hopefully my ‘hen-pecking’ days will be over! Watch this space…

...Say ‘Hello!’ to Arnie, my first ever cockerel – a Bantam… Isn’t he the beezneez!


Here he is with the girls…



2 Sept 2012
And here is my little patient who is now the third of my ‘hen-pecked’ victims… I don’t think she is going to survive… so sad! She’s mainly staying inside the sick bay… But yesterday, Arnie was introduced to the remaining three girls one of whom is the bully and he sorted her out so swiftly… so, hopefully that will be the end of the bullying. Fingers crossed+

My poor little girl… x

4 Sept 2012:  My little baby girl died in her sleep last night… xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.